10 xmas gift ideas for him
Here it is, the seasonal post that everybody was waiting for – gift ideas for the man in your life. These workss for Christmas, holidays, birthdays, or just because. This is mostly a “man” list, but some of the objects are definitely unisex. I have to say that I personally own a few of these and I can guarantee that the product will be a perfect gift and a cool or useful (or both!) piece of gear in general.
We all love gadgets, so I put together a list of the coolest ones on the market. I tried to satisfy different level of sugarmamity (ie how much your sugar mamma is willing to spend), so you can go from a few bucks up.
Combining presents will just make your loved one even happier.
1. First item is a Zippo handwarmer.
It is filled with lighter fluid and once lighted up it can give off around 130F of heat that lasts a few hours. Perfect for outdoor activities like fishing, hunting, sport games, etc.
About $15 shipped
2. Hex watch band for the iPod nano.
This is just great. A rubber wristwatch band where you can store your iPod nano and make it a wristwatch, wrist-fmradio, wristipod, wristopedometer and so on. We love new words btw.
3. Flipside 2x shielding wallet.
Until 2010 men used to carry wallets. The big fat ones. Now with austerity we can size down to this kind. It securely holds your money and cards. Small, secure and sturdy.
4. McManus iPad case
(add an iPad if you don’t have one). This is the coolest case I have ever seen. Be different, enjoy the quality of this product.
Stainless Embassy Elite Pen: military contract for a lifetime pressurized Fisher Space Pen Refill which is good from -30F to +250F. Made of stainless steel, it comes with a clip too. $55
Messograf Pocket Caliper/Pen. I love this one: a pen with a built in caliper to take on the fly measurements. Made in Germany $29.20
For the minimalist carrier here is the Valiant Concepts Titanium EDC Pen. Made in titanium, tiny, pressurized Fisher ink, Made in the USA. $60
6. Leatherman tool.
An homage to our Oregon, these pocket multi tools are just awesome. I suggest the smallest and more gadgety ones, like the Juice, Squirt, Style or Micra. Many different colors and options. You can see them all at REI. Best to buy them online for cheaper prices.
7. Nau S-Cargo pants.
A pair of cargo pants that don’t give your man the mall security guy look. He loves the versatility of a pair of cargos, so this is something you can both enjoy.
The Spyderco Sage I is made of stainless steel (a special steel is used for the blade) and carbon fiber. It is the first of a special line of knives from Spyderco that are a tribute to a knife builder. Each year a new version of the same knife is made, but with a different lock system and materials. About $100 on Amazon or on the bay.
9. Traser P6600. This was voted like the best wristwatch under $300 by the most used online watch forum (www.watchuseek.com). Lightweight (made of composite material), comfortable, accurate, sturdy.. this military inspired watch is a perfect timepiece for 2012. It is water resistant to 30m and has night illumination.
About $220 on Amazon
10) Fenix LD01 keychain flashlight. Remember the Maglite? The new led technology aaa LED powered flashlight can blow them away. Let me say that this small keychain version is much more powerful that any big incandescent Maglite that I ever seen. It features 80 lumens in just a few ounces contained into a waterproof aluminum (or titanium) enclosure. What are 80 lumens? A lot: you can light up a room when power is down or spot items at 150ft.
This is just with standard aaa batteries. If you buy some special rechargeable batteries the output is reported to be 4 times more. Mind your eyes! About $40 at REI